art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

2/2/14

devotions: healing



This week's devotion is dedicated to my sister who is recovering from brain surgery and a dear friend who is recovering from a stroke - both of which took place this past week.


Aloe plant in the garden near the Shrine of the Báb


"Thy name is my healing, O my God, and remembrance of Thee is my remedy. 
Nearness to Thee is my hope, and love for Thee is my companion.
Thy mercy to me is my healing and my succor in both this world and the world to come.
Thou, verily, art the All-Bountiful, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise."

~ Bahá'u'lláh







4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Warm thoughts to your sister and friend. Is that the blossom of an aloe plant? I have never seen one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your well wishes, Beti! Yes, this is a blossom of a type of aloe plant that grows quite large in Israel. Almost a bush-like size. It's a nice color and shape and looks great with the green leaves of the plant.

      Delete
  2. oh debi . . . heartfelt prayers and the white light of healing surrounding both your sister and your friend. like beti . . . that scripture to me is simply beautiful. i had a long year of bad health last year ending in surgery for cancer. my little mantra was and still is for any kind of long suffering . . .
    even the remodeling of one's house i suppose! . . . "this too shall pass!" and it does. it truly does. it just SEEMS as though it will be forever!
    my gram kept an aloe plant always. she kept it for its healing properties. i've never seen that size!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy - thank you for your cheerful wishes and words of encouragement. My sister and friend are making progress, and God willing, will continue to do so. Oh I hope your surgery was and is successful. I like your mantra, short but full of hope and comfort!

      Israel has something blossoming all year around! It's just amazing and I will surely miss it!

      Delete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...